Data team objectives
The data team of the VSNU has set three objectives for the period ahead. We would like to ask our members for their help in achieving these objectives.
1. There is one single location where all the relevant information about the universities can be found for the three core functions of education, research and valorisation.
- Data are available via an open platform and will be made available via an accessible platform in downloadable formats.
- The quality, validity and reliability of the data are beyond any doubt.
- There is one single set of standard definitions and metadata about higher education and research.
- Data constitute a component of the annual Information Agreement with the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
- The sector overview and fact sheets will be updated periodically.
2. Information about the performance of universities facilitates the dialogue between universities and society.
- All VSNU domains use data to reinforce the position of universities in the public media as well as among politicians and policymakers.
- Data users and data analysts are encouraged to share analyses via a 'marketplace' for infographics and queries.
- Universities use the data for discussions with funding agencies, parliamentary debates and media interviews.
3. All relevant parties which produce or utilise data on the performance of universities cooperate closely to foster innovation in the area of higher education data.
- A national 1c Survey working group will be set up with the task of harmonising definitions and making agreements on the use of and funding from reliable sources for the purpose of national policy.
- Jointly initiated by the VSNU, a training programme will be developed for higher education data specialists, which supplements and expands on the Tableau training programme.
- A structural collaboration takes place with the Netherlands Initiative for Educational Research (NRO), in which scientists/researchers make better use of data on higher education and contribute to innovation.
- The National Cohort Survey will be expanded to include higher education.
- A structural collaboration exists with students, employees and their representatives on whom data are collected.
- The VSNU aims to collaborate with the Data Science research groups and will offer one work placement every six months.
- Specific UFO profiles for data specialists will be drawn up.