Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities
The VSNU negotiates with the Labour Unions on the compensation and benefits of the University staff (with the exception of the Executive Board). Compensation and benefits cover matters such as salary, leave, pension and social security.
The compensation and benefits agreed with the Labour Unions appear in the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch universities. The caoNU (the latest version of the Collective Labour Agreement), valid from 1 January 2015 to 1 July 2016 inclusive, can be downloaded via the menu on the right-hand side.
In 2016 the universities and Labour Unions together launched a ‘public friendly’ version of the Collective Labour Agreement. This website provides a general outline of the Collective Labour Agreement and clearly sets out the most important information on employment conditions. This version is accessible via this link: http://www.labouragreementuniversities.nl/.
The VSNU holds consultations with the following unions:
• FNV Overheid
• CNV Overheid, onderdeel van CNV Connectief
- Negotiation settlement Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities 1 July 2017 31 December 2019
- CAO-NU July 2016 – June 2017 inclusive (English)
- Appendix J: Sectoral scheme covering ancillary activities
- Negotiation Settlement on Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities, 2 July 2016 - 30 June 2017